Re: Timezone matching script (win32)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Timezone matching script (win32)
Date: 2010-04-13 17:55:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> This script should probably live in CVS, and be run when Microsoft
>> releases new timezone data. Where should I put it - src/timezone or
>> somewhere in src/tools? (it does read pgtz.c in the current directory,
>> but it doesn't actually edit the file - just outputs on stdout a list
>> of changes to be made to the file manually)

> I think it should live in src/tools and be mentioned in
> src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES

+1 for src/tools/, but the documentation note should probably be in
src/timezone/README.  This task isn't especially coupled to release
times (at least not *our* release times).  And it's definitely not
likely to happen at the times anyone would be consulting
RELEASE_CHANGES, because none of the release leadup work gets done
on Windows machines.