Floating point exception in initdb

From: "Vikram Patil" <vpatil(at)actuate(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Floating point exception in initdb
Date: 2010-03-29 23:32:13
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello Guys,

    I am getting an floating exception while running initdb from custom
built postgresql . I am using suse linux for installing postgresql.

initDB.sh: line 14: 20285 Floating point exception$pgsql_home/bin/initdb
-A password -U postgres --pwfile="pwFile" -E UTF8 -D postgresql/data
/log/initDB.log

 --Warning. PostgreSQL database can't be initialized successfully,
please manually create schema or migrate encyclopedia DB after
initialized the

Same thing works on redhat machine without any issues.Following link
says:

Work around gcc bug that causes "floating-point exception" instead of
"division by zero" on some platforms (Tom)

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release-8-4-1.html

I am not able to located description about this bug. Please also let me
know where I can look at this bug description

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram

pgsql-general by date