Floating point exception in initdb

From: "Vikram Patil" <vpatil(at)actuate(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Floating point exception in initdb
Date: 2010-03-29 23:32:13
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello Guys,

    I am getting an floating exception while running initdb from custom
built postgresql . I am using suse linux for installing postgresql. line 14: 20285 Floating point exception$pgsql_home/bin/initdb
-A password -U postgres --pwfile="pwFile" -E UTF8 -D postgresql/data

 --Warning. PostgreSQL database can't be initialized successfully,
please manually create schema or migrate encyclopedia DB after
initialized the

Same thing works on redhat machine without any issues.Following link

Work around gcc bug that causes "floating-point exception" instead of
"division by zero" on some platforms (Tom)

I am not able to located description about this bug. Please also let me
know where I can look at this bug description

Thanks & Regards,

pgsql-general by date