Re: Arrow keys do not work while using psql

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: "Angelica Garcia" <doitviolet(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Arrow keys do not work while using psql
Date: 2007-08-07 14:39:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

[Please start new threads with a new message. It appears you replied
to a previous post and just changed the subject. This causes message
threading issues in threaded mail clients and the mailing list
archives.]

On Aug 7, 2007, at 8:25 , Angelica Garcia wrote:

> I have a small problem: While using psql the arrow keys neither
> give command history nor move the cursor. They instead show
> characters like: ^[[A.

It sounds like Postgres was built without readline (or libedit)
support. You can use pg_config --libs to see if it was included. If
not, I believe you need to rebuild Postgres including readline.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net