Re: Cause of ERROR: could not open relation 1663/856689/856777: Invalid argument?

From: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>
To: "Wyatt Tellis" <wtellis(at)radiology(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cause of ERROR: could not open relation 1663/856689/856777: Invalid argument?
Date: 2006-09-30 22:33:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Wyatt --

We got a spate of similar errors recently; turned out to be a disk was not mounted properly. Once it was reseated all was well. You might also do a RAM check just to make sure that something isn't wonky there.

IIRC, I was told (see the archives of the postgres admin mail list) that this is an errant index, so you might try reindexing the table and see if you get the errors or if they go away.

HTH,

Greg WIlliamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC