Re: Equivalent praxis to CLUSTERED INDEX?

From: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>
To: "Gaetano Mendola" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Equivalent praxis to CLUSTERED INDEX?
Date: 2004-08-26 22:36:21
Lists: pgsql-performance

FWIW,

Informix does allow the fragmentation of data over named dbspaces by round-robin and expression; this is autosupporting as long as the dba keeps enough space available. You may also fragment the index although there are some variations depending on type of Informix (XPS, etc.); this is available in at least 9.3 ... I have never used the index fragmentation as its own beast, but the fragmenting of data works like a charm for spreadling load over more disks.

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC