Re: a wierd query

From: "Stijn Vanroye" <s(dot)vanroye(at)farcourier(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Subject: Re: a wierd query
Date: 2004-05-18 07:56:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

I understand, thanks.

First: as I said in my previous post, the workhour_id was left behind by mistake and has since been removed.

So it seems that I can ommit the distinct completely and just use the query in it's simpelest form, like this:
select employee_id, begindate as date from workhour
UNION
select employee_id, enddate as date from workhour
And I would get a list of all dates (as well begin- as enddates) where a date can occure only once with each employee?

Altough I didn't start this thread I'm learing some usefull things here, so some thanks to the people who replied (and started the thread) are in place here.

Kind regards,

Stijn Vanroye