Wish list: Generate Reports

From: Boblitz John <John(dot)Boblitz(at)BERTSCHI(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Wish list: Generate Reports
Date: 2011-06-21 09:57:10
Lists: pgadmin-support
Good Morning,

I am currently trying to generate ddl reports of the db for my programmers as a reference.

Currently I must do this for each and every table individually (right click -> report -> ddl report, change output file name - rinse, repeat x 100)

The output file is defaulted to the last generated file.

When dealing with hundreds of tables, this can be a bit tiring ...

It would be nice if we could have a method to generated the reports for all files, say per right click on Tables and be allowed to
either group the output into one big report, or each table individually - name would default to the table name, possibly appended with report type (ddl etc...).  Lastly a generic location could be specified for the output ...

Thanks,

John

----

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave GrecoDate: 2011-06-22 14:52:44