Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: "Rolf Østvik" <rolfostvikjobb(at)yahoo(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement
Date: 2005-01-15 04:25:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Jan 14, 2005, at 4:23 AM, Rolf Østvik wrote:

> I can't open their website.
>
> In internet explorer i can see their website behind the window which
> ask me
> if i want to install Micromedia Flash Player.
> In Opera it just flashes by (when i have disabled use of plugins).
> Haven't tried Firefox.
>
> If i bother i will try to e-mail their webmaster.

I emailed the webmaster that it was not working with Safari or Firefox
on OS X. I received a prompt reply that it has been fixed (it has).
There is no information content in the flash stuff -- you just want to
click on the "Skip Intro" link anyway.

The the use of Flash on web sites really puzzles me, especially for
technical products.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL