Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: "Rolf Østvik" <rolfostvikjobb(at)yahoo(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement
Date: 2005-01-15 04:25:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Jan 14, 2005, at 4:23 AM, Rolf Østvik wrote:

> I can't open their website.
> In internet explorer i can see their website behind the window which
> ask me
> if i want to install Micromedia Flash Player.
> In Opera it just flashes by (when i have disabled use of plugins).
> Haven't tried Firefox.
> If i bother i will try to e-mail their webmaster.

I emailed the webmaster that it was not working with Safari or Firefox
on OS X. I received a prompt reply that it has been fixed (it has).
There is no information content in the flash stuff -- you just want to
click on the "Skip Intro" link anyway.

The the use of Flash on web sites really puzzles me, especially for
technical products.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
Power Tools for PostgreSQL