Save DB Schema

From: "Wendt, Marian" <Marian(dot)Wendt(at)inca-gmbh(dot)de>
To: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Save DB Schema
Date: 2001-10-16 19:58:47
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi pgAdmin Development Team,

(following relates to pgAdminII version 1.1 build 59)

I imagine there's a little lack in your
function "Save DB schema", so I will
explain by example:

If you want to create a function, you can
do this with PSQL and a SQL script file -
if so, then the following syntax will bring
you the on the right way:

CREATE FUNCTION idics_track_revision_ins () RETURNS opaque AS '
  BEGIN
    IF NEW.revcdate ISNULL THEN
      NEW.revcdate := ''now'';
    END IF;
    RETURN NEW;
  END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

This creates the function well.

Note the double '' to use timestamp function "now" and
the syntax of the CREATE FUNCTION line.

pgAdminII export (and show) this as:

CREATE FUNCTION "idics_track_revision_ins"() RETURNS "opaque" AS '
  BEGIN
    IF NEW.revcdate ISNULL THEN
      NEW.revcdate := 'now';
    END IF;
    RETURN NEW;
  END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Further use by PSQL was impossible.

pgAdminII was well designed to create and manage the database
but in case on install a ready designed database on a new host
the good old psql was the quickest way.

2. I know, christmas is not too far away - so here's a wish you
could simple fulfill:

PLEASE make all areas of pgAdminII "resizesable" (especially I
mean the 'Definition' area, that is a very great idea to show
for control purposes, but in now it can only enlarged to the
whole client area).

Greetings

Marian

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Jim KunkelDate: 2001-10-17 13:51:35