Function problem

From: "Oscar Chavarria" <cyberbuzzard(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Function problem
Date: 2007-04-09 14:16:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

I would appreciate and thank in advance any help to understand the error
message I receive when I try to run this function. The function is initially
accepted with no errors of syntax.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION returns_todate(integer)

RETURNS numeric AS

$BODY$

DECLARE

yield_rows investments%rowtype;

counter integer;

sum_returns numeric;

BEGIN

FOR yield_rows IN SELECT * FROM investments

LOOP

sum_returns:=
investments.return1+investments.return2+investments.return3+investments.return4+investments.return5+investments.return6+investments.return7
;

INSERT INTO investments(returns_to_date) VALUES(sum_returns);

END LOOP;

return counter;

END

$BODY$

LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

*SELECT returns_todate(5);*

*ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "investments"*

* *

* *

Regards
Oscar Chavarria