Re: BUG #2631: database locking problem

From: "Ross Elliott" <ross(dot)elliott(at)infoterra-global(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2631: database locking problem
Date: 2006-09-17 21:55:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I'll see what I can get done, I'll need to get it to lockup again as
I've killed everything to try other options. I have a feeling that the
only reason it worked on 8.1.3 before was because it was on slower
servers which were also running other stuff. My new database server is
very fast and only runs the database and if I log all the sql then it
doesn't seem to screw up (at least not yet). One other thing, the
tablespace is not local storage, I have a 7TB SAN partition that runs a
SAN filesystem on it, but this is the same as my older 8.1.3 system.

--
Ross Elliott
Senior Software Engineer