Re: Bug: PGAdmin + plpythonu + windows

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug: PGAdmin + plpythonu + windows
Date: 2004-10-20 14:18:08
Lists: pgadmin-supportpgsql-bugs
PostGreSQL 8.0 beta1
PGAdmin 1.2.0 Beta 2

I can call it a plpython bug, if that is the problem. I just figured
to send it to you because that's where I experienced the issue.
Also I don't "know" that is the problem, just an assumption based on
behavior.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager
CompuLab
04-829-0145 - Office
04-832-5251 - Fax

Sim Zacks wrote:
> PGAdmin 1.2.0 Beta 2
> Multi-line functions in plpythonu do not work when created using
> pgadmin. The function is created but when it is run for the first time
> an error of "cannot compile. syntax error on line 2" is given. The
> functions have been tested and work when created with psql.
>
> The problem appears to be do to the windows CRLF as opposed to the
> *NIX LF.

Which PostgreSQL version and platform (both client and server)?
 From your description, I'd call this a plpythonu bug; I don't have it
running to verify this, thus I cross posted to pgsql-bugs.

IMHO any pgsql language should handle cr, crlf and lf equally as line
feed, to avoid client/server eol interpretation discrepancies.

Regards,
Andreas