Question

From: Mike Blankemeyer <Mike_Blankemeyer(at)PHLSCI(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question
Date: 2002-10-30 16:13:02
Lists: pgsql-ports

I keep getting this error when trying to connect to my database

> Error trying to connect to database 'bess' on localhost

> PostrgreSQL error message: Connection to the database failed could not

> connect to server: Connection timed out

> Is the server running on host and accepting TCP/IP connection on port 5432

I'm pretty sure I accepted the default port which according to all the
documentation I can find is 5432

I am very new to Linux, liking it but frustrated, thanks in advance for any
help

Best
Mike Blankemeyer
Philadelphia Scientific

Mike_blankmeyer(at)phlsci(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
Michael Blankemeyer (E-mail).vcf application/octet-stream 530 bytes