Re: COPY BINARY broken on Linux/AXP

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY BINARY broken on Linux/AXP
Date: 2001-06-29 14:20:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de> writes:
> Is there a way to reflect that fact in /src/test/regress/resultmap so
> that the results of both glibc<2.2.3 and glibc>=2.2.3 get compared
> with thir respective expected results?

Hmm. We currently have mechanisms for allowing result files to vary
depending on platform (config.guess output) and compiler (cc vs gcc),
but not on libc version. I'm not real eager to add yet another
frammish for that, anyway. We've talked in the past about making it
possible to suppress the last digit or two of floating-point display,
which should eliminate most of the cross-platform differences in
geometry output. I think moving that task up the priority list is a
more appropriate response.