Re: from 6.5 > 7.1, cannot pg_dumpall.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Patrick Coulombe <pcoulombe(at)mediacces(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: from 6.5 > 7.1, cannot pg_dumpall.
Date: 2001-10-06 22:57:59
Lists: pgsql-novice
Patrick Coulombe <pcoulombe(at)mediacces(dot)com> writes:
> what about if  i drop it, and then vacuum or look into this table for null
> value and other bad data. and after recreate it ?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear: that's what I meant you to do.  I'd
actually not bother with recreating the index at all, at least not
till you've gotten your data moved over to 7.1.

> it's safe to vacuum my bd after dropping an index ?

Sure.  The data in the table is all you should care about at this point.

However, I think you should resign yourself to the likelihood that
you've lost data: you've got a pretty badly hosed database there,
it would seem.  How recent is your last pg_dump backup?