Re: Carriage Returns Disappearing

From: Volkan YAZICI <volkan(dot)yazici(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com" <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Carriage Returns Disappearing
Date: 2005-05-28 07:45:14
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

On 5/26/05, operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> my users enter a note.  i would like to keep carriage
> returns intact.  however, when i display the data, the
> two carriage returns are lost and replaced with two
> spaces.
>
> i use adodb's qstr() fumction to handle my excaping
> upon entry.

There seems to be a problem with ADOdb's escaping PostgreSQL literals
routine, because it's commented out and ADOdb is using its default
qstr() routine. (I should check it in an suitable time.) Therefore, I
advice you to use pg_escape_string().

Regards.

P.S. I've traced to qstr() code but couldn't find the
adodb_str_replace() function in ADOdb source code used by qstr().
Thus, I cannot give a correct answer about where qstr() dumps your
problem.