connection status and lo

From: Volkan YAZICI <volkan(dot)yazici(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: connection status and lo
Date: 2005-04-30 21:07:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I've some questions about the relation between connection status and
large objects.

1) What'd be the effects of closing the connection before closing an
opened lo? (Would it cause any data corruption?)

2) You know, lo commans are placed within transaction blocks. And in a
transaction block, when the connection is lost, it's rolled back. So
this means, if I lost the connection before committing lo changes,
they'll all be rolled back, right?

3) And also, if I'd establish the connection again, will I be able to
use same file descriptior to access opened lo or will I need to call
lo_open() again?

Best regards.