Re: Patch to check whether we are in TX when to lo_*

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to check whether we are in TX when to lo_*
Date: 2000-11-03 17:33:05
Lists: pgsql-patches
Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com> writes:
> here is the patch attached which do check in each BLOB operation, if
> we are in transaction, and raise an error otherwise. This will prevent
> such mistakes.

Hmm.  I'm not sure if this is a good idea, or just overprotective
nannyism.  Comments anyone?

As is, it's certainly undesirable because it will break backend
lo_export and lo_import, neither of which need to be in an xact block.
Perhaps that could be worked around somehow, but is it worth the
trouble?