square water melons

From: "Mark Wong" <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: square water melons
Date: 2007-09-28 21:09:39
Lists: pdxpug

We had a brief discussion on square watermelons. This is what I
looked up from wikipedia:

"In Japan, farmers of the Zentsuji region found a way to grow cubic
watermelons, by growing the fruits in glass boxes and letting them
naturally assume the shape of the receptacle. The square shape is
designed to make the melons easier to stack and store, but the square
watermelons are often more than double the price of normal ones.
Pyramid shaped watermelons have also been developed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon

What are pyramid shaped watermelons good for? Wikipedia doesn't tell me...

Mark