ideas for auto-processing patches

From: markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net
Subject: ideas for auto-processing patches
Date: 2007-01-04 19:38:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
OSDL had a tool called PLM with a primary goal to test patches against
the Linux kernel.  It applied them and built them on multiple
platforms.  It's a pretty simple idea and here are some links to what
it did; the systems appear to still be up for the moment so here are a
couple of links to what it did.

Summary of build results:

Summary of recent patches submitted into the system:

It also provides an rss feed:

There a couple of things initial things I wanted to change, which I
think are improvements:

1. Pull source directly from repositories (cvs, git, etc.)  PLM
doesn't really track actually scm repositories.  It requires
directories of source code to be traversed, which are set up by
creating mirrors.

2. Apply and build patches against daily updates from the
repositories, as opposed to only against a specified version of the
source code.