Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

From: Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Cc: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Date: 2016-11-19 11:58:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le 16/11/2016 à 17:38, Karl O. Pinc a écrit :
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:29:28 +0100
> Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the v13 of the patch, ...
> Attached is a doc patch to apply on top of v13.
>
> It adds a lot more detail regards just what is
> in the current_logfiles file and when it's
> in current_logfiles. I'd like review both for
> language and accuracy, but I'd also like to
> confirm that we really want the documented
> behavior regards what's there at backend startup
> v.s. what's there during normal runtime. Seems
> ok the way it is to me but...
>
> This patch is also starting to put a lot of information
> inside a graphical table. I'm fine with this but
> it's a bit of a departure from the other cells of
> the table so maybe somebody else has a better
> suggestion.
>
> Regards,
>
> Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
> Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
> -- Robert A. Heinlein

All patches you've submitted on tha v13 patch have been applied and are
present in attached v14 of the patch. I have not included the patches
about GUC changes because I'm not sure that adding a new file
(include/utils/guc_values.h) just for that will be accepted or that it
will not require a more global work to add other GUC values. However
perhaps this patch can be submitted separately if the decision is not
taken here.

Regards,

--
Gilles Darold
Consultant PostgreSQL

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch_pg_current_logfile-v14.diff text/x-diff 16.2 KB