Re: Need help with JDBC driver. Problem, - getExportedKeys=

From: Rene Pijlman <rene(at)lab(dot)applinet(dot)nl>
To: Roger Bjärevall <roger(at)ideit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help with JDBC driver. Problem, - getExportedKeys=
Date: 2001-09-09 09:08:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Sat, 01 Sep 2001 17:43:39 +0200, you wrote:
>I've tried the jxdbcon driver now and it gives another view
>of the actual database... I am not a PostgreSQL guy so I am
>quite confused here. Anyway, this one seems to give the most
>appropriate view of the database since the system tables
>are listed which the pgsql drivers did not list.

Yes, I noticed that DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() in the
standard PostgreSQL driver returns the columns of the system
tables, whereas getTables() does not return those tables. I
guess that should be fixed. So documented on
http://lab.applinet.nl/postgresql-jdbc/

>Could anyone point me to a place where I can download/get some
>simple SQL statements to create at least relationsships between
>two tables?

See the section "Reference constraint" on
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/reference/sql-createtable.html

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene(at)lab(dot)applinet(dot)nl>