Re: Need Oakland/Berkeley location for June SFPUG

From: Quinn Weaver <quinn(at)fairpath(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need Oakland/Berkeley location for June SFPUG
Date: 2009-05-15 03:49:22
Lists: sfpug
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Paul,
>
>> I can look into getting a room in a UCB building.  I don't know if I'll
>> get permission or not.  However, if parking around the NW part of campus
>> seems workable to people, I will ask.
>
> Please do.  I've been told that the EB Rails group meets in Soda Hall. We
> could meet there and try to enlist them.

Yes, the RoR group meets in Soda Hall.  It's pretty nice.  However...
try to get the downstairs auditorium.  The building has per-floor
security, which means if you get the Woz Lounge or another room not on
the main entry floor, then stragglers will be locked out.  You can't
rely on cell phones to let people in, either, because the building's a
bit of a Faraday cage.

--
Quinn Weaver Consulting, LLC
Full-stack web development