Re: attributes of columns from a table in postgresql database

From: Pallayya Sarma Karra <kpsarma5(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: attributes of columns from a table in postgresql database
Date: 2009-05-12 16:05:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

Thank you very much. I find pg_attribute table contains the info
I am looking for.

But I am not able to build a query, which should read the properties of
columns of a table from a source database and populate tables of a
destination database.

In the destination database, there would be a table for each property
of the column.
For example, there would be a table in destination database for default_value.

Hence, if source database contains 2 tables with 10 columns each and we are
interested in collecting 6 different properties for each column, the
destination
database would contain 6 tables with 20 rows each.

Please help me in this task.I am novice database programmer. I tried
hard but it is being tough for me
to store the results after reading the source database and them populating
them into the destination database.

Thanks in advance,

Pallayya Sarma Karra