Re: Install question on Mac Leopard Server 10.5

From: ries van Twisk <pg(at)rvt(dot)dds(dot)nl>
To: Steve Henry <steve(at)sdmacit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install question on Mac Leopard Server 10.5
Date: 2008-11-29 21:05:16
Lists: pgsql-general
On Nov 29, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Steve Henry wrote:

> I am just getting started with PostgreSQL.  I've installed
> PostgreSQL 8.3.5-1 on a MacPro server running Leopard Server 105.5
> I can connect to the database with PGAdmin on the server, but I
> can't access the database from another Mac on my network.  I get the
> following error message:
> I've done the following:
> 	- checked the postgresql.conf file for listen_addresses, it's set
> to '*'
> 	- modified the pg_hba.conf file to allow traffice from the network
> in my office.
> 	- made sure my OS X Server Firewall has a hole for the port to be
> used.
> What am I missing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated...
> Steve Henry
> San Diego Mac IT

What did you do so far??

1) is PG listening now to all interfaces??
2) Did you modify your pg_hba.conf accordingly already??
3) DO you have a firewall that might block incoming requests on port

			regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries(at)vantwisk(dot)nl
skype: callto://r.vantwisk