Re: WEIRD CRASH?!?!

From: Noah Silverman <noah(at)allresearch(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WEIRD CRASH?!?!
Date: 2003-01-25 00:17:48
Lists: pgsql-performance
We are using a 3ware escalade on this box.

One clue.

I actually moved the pg_xlog directory to another drive and then
symbolically linked it back to the data directory.

Another idea is that Linux killed one of the processes because postgres
was using up too much memory.  I belive the part of the kernel  is
called "oomkiller".  We're not sure if this happened, just a guess.

Thanks,

-N