Re: "Official" version

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "Official" version
Date: 2005-08-22 20:06:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> I think it's fairly safe to say that the new libpq version of psqlODBC
> is more stable than the previous release versions of the driver, and
> also now offers more features such as SSL, Kerberos authentication
> anyone tried this yet?), pgpass files and so on.
> In light of this, I think the libpq version should now take over as
> official driver, and lose the 'libpq' suffix that was added for
> If anyone has any strong objections, please shriek soon!!
> Regards, Dave.

In my experience the new driver is better than the older one.  In fact,
it specifically addressed some issues people (Joel) were having in high
load production systems.

That being said, why not wait for the 8.1 release of postgresql and
release the odbc drive 8.1 at the same time?  That gives 1-2 more months
of testing and feedback.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-08-22 20:25:59
Previous:From: Bernard Henry VoynetDate: 2005-08-22 17:41:22
Subject: Re: Unexpected ADO properties