Re: Tons of postgres.exe processes

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Stan Vassilev" <sv_forums(at)fmethod(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tons of postgres.exe processes
Date: 2005-07-06 14:07:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> The processes appear to take 60kb RAM (most), and I don't have
anything
> taking a lot of RAM (I have 1GB ram). So I guess an x-file again :(

You can run your system out of GDI handles. If this happens, throw up
taskmgr (ctrl-alt-esc) and start killing handle heavy processes (start
with pgAdmin) and things should free up. The server proper does not use
them so the problems could be unrelated. Certain apps, especially 32
bit apps written in vb, Delphi, or wx, tend to suck down gdi handles.

Merlin