Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin
Date: 2005-03-16 17:24:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
> Merlin Moncure wrote:
> > Is there any relatively easy way to, uh, prevent your users from
seeing
> > some/all of your pl/pgsql code in pgAdmin? :)  A by schema solution
> > would be ideal.
>
> I could think of an additional option for schema names that should be
> treated as system schema (like the Slony-I and pgAgent schema), but

That sounds interesting, how would that be accomplished?

> there's no solution to prevent reengineering that's not done on the
> server side. And coding sophisticated algorithms in plpgsql is for
> masochists only anyway ;-)

hmm!  I must be a masochist then!  I've busily converting our erp server
code from cobol to pl/pgsql atm.  The performance of pl/pgsql is just
amazing...I haven't worked with the other pl languages much (save sql),
but I wonder what else would meet my requirements.

Merlin

pgadmin-hackers by date