Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin
Date: 2005-03-16 16:54:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> > I also tried hacking the search path and putting a pg_proc table
into
> > the public schema. While this fixed select * from pg_proc
> > (but not /df),
> > pgAdmin still pulled the function source.
>
> Odd - it didn't here. Every query on pg_proc resulted in a message box
> telling me it couldn't select from pg_proc - protecting the source,
but
> breaking pgAdmin.

What did you do exactly? Here's what I tried:

H:\>psql -h 205.217.85.89 test
test=# create user test;
CREATE USER
test=# revoke select on pg_proc from test;
REVOKE
test=# \q

H:\>psql -h 205.217.85.89 -U test test
test=> select * from pg_proc;
proname | pronamespace | proowner | prolan
isstrict | proretset | provolatile | pronargs | prorettype |
| proargnames |
[...]