Re: [HACKERS] win32 performance - fsync question

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] win32 performance - fsync question
Date: 2005-02-28 13:16:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> Reading your mails about the pull-the-plug tests, I see that at least
with
> write caching enabled, fsync is more secure on win32 than open_sync.
I.e.
> one should disable write caching for use with open_sync. Also
open_sync
> seems to perform much better. All that information would be nice to
have
> in
> the docs.

There are very little platform specific notes in the regular
documentation.  Tbe best sync settings for performance and safety tend
to differ on various platforms.

There is a win32 faq; in the current state of things win32 specific
notes belongs there.  I think a reasonable case could be made to move
various platform specific things into the regular documentation in a
special section.

Merlin

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Nicolai TufarDate: 2005-02-28 13:27:14