Re: Opening stdin/stdout in binary mode on Windows

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Opening stdin/stdout in binary mode on Windows
Date: 2005-02-02 17:55:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Bruce wrote:
> Well, that is a nifty trick.  Great to have that solved with no
> documentation changes required.
>
> Without this fix we were going to have tons of headaches.

This is pretty standard m.o. in porting unix applications to win32, or
even in console mode win32 apps that need to support binary redirection.
I almost suggested this (setmode), but stupidly assumed it must have
been attempted and discarded for reasons unknown at an earlier time :-).

Merlin

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date