Re: Infoworld

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Infoworld
Date: 2005-01-20 19:23:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> FWIW, Mr. Krill asked me about comparisons to a variety of databases.
> I'm
> pretty happy that the article led with comparisons to Oracle and
Sybase
> and
> only dropped down to MySQL. Overally, *great* coverage for us.

Oh yes, it was a very good article. Very interesting bit about
increased investment in open sources databases.

Just pointing out that some of our public statements (not necessarily
yours, Josh, or this article) tend to degenerate into the pg v. mysql
debate. At the time, I had just been looking over some of the Slashdot
comments and actually felt kind of bad for the mysql people by the
severe thrashing they had to endure there.

Merlin