Re: ODBC release plans?

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "James M Doherty PGADMIN" <jimmyd(at)jdoherty(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC release plans?
Date: 2005-01-17 14:32:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> I had the following problem which I have not been able to run down ?
>
> I use the ODBC driver for my c++ client, when I change the underlying
> column
> from a character varying(400) to Text. The
> client now sees this as a memo field. Is there something in the ODBC
> driver
> that makes this assumption ?

By C++ client, do you mean Borland C++ Builder?  The IDE defaults the
field types based on internal assumptions.  You can override them, but
it's a pain.  Let me know if you are still stuck and maybe I can give
you some tips.

Merlin

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: James M Doherty PGADMINDate: 2005-01-17 14:36:26
Previous:From: James M Doherty PGADMINDate: 2005-01-17 14:13:30