Re: REPOST: InitDB Failure on install

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REPOST: InitDB Failure on install
Date: 2004-08-23 19:48:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cvsgui/cvsgui/cvs-1.10/windows-NT/
> win32.c?rev=1.1.1.1.12.2.8.2.
> But that one is GPL.
> (The MS version has some more logic and stuff around it, but the table
> is almost the same)
>
> I doubt they'd mind if we 'borrowed' just the lookup table. If that's
> acceptable, we can take that table and make our own function.
Thoughts?

As I mentioned in private (and I'm definitely not a lawyer!), code that
is defined strictly by function is not copy-writeable, or rather is an
exception to u.s. copyright law.  However, the comments etc. are.

IOW, 100 progammers could tackle the problem of converting dos to unix
error codes and get basically the same results. However, if you retain
the Microsoft comments and formatting you must also include their
copyright notice.

Merlin

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date