Re: Speed of win32 port vs cygwin...

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Ati Rosselet" <ati(dot)rosselet(at)clarmont(dot)hu>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speed of win32 port vs cygwin...
Date: 2004-06-07 14:35:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Ati wrote:
> We have a linux laptop that refuses to connect to the projector, so I
> downloaded the win32 snapshot (this morning) and installed it under
> winXP.  Everything works fine... except for the speed. some queries
tokk
> significantly (read ~5 minutes) longer than what I got after giving up
> and installing the cygwin version.  Is there any reason for this?  It
> seemed to especially slow down when using large selects with IN ()
where
> the items in the IN clause used accented characters.  (large selects
> means multiple joins on multiple tables).
>
> Have there been any speed tests done, and if so, what's the status?

This may be a 7.4/7.5 issue, not a win32 issue.  Compare the query
plains from explain and look for differences.  Remember, you are running
a pre-beta 7.5.  It would be really helpful if you could compare your
queries on non-win32 7.5devel version.

Try sending results of explain in both versions.

Merlin

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Previous:From: Ati RosseletDate: 2004-06-07 14:23:37
Subject: Speed of win32 port vs cygwin...