Re: win32 service code

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,"PgSql-Win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: win32 service code
Date: 2004-05-27 20:31:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> How would this interact with pg_ctl?  I would hate to have to tell
> people to use a different command to start/stop the postmaster
depending
> on what platform they use.  :-(

I had a thought that on win32 pg_ctl start/stop would mean start/stop
the service (always) on win32, and for this to be the only way to start
the postmaster as a service. That neatly solves this problem and we can
boot the boot/kill here.  It is still of course quite possible to invoke
the server directly in special cases.

This also fits nicely with Magnus's #2 scnario, I think.

Merlin

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date