Re: hello

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: hello
Date: 2004-05-11 13:45:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> Yes, copy/paste of rows from view data (and query tool as well) would
be
> helpful and is one of the most often requested features.

Questions about wx toolkit:
Does wxString have fast repeated concatenation for large strings (like
STL string)?

Does wxGrid have the capability to demand load row contents from an
externally managed source?

What format? Usually in these situations I tend to use tab delimited
for easy pasting into exc--er, open office :)

I took a quick look at the code and it seems very straightforward.
Maybe I'll have a crack at this...

WRT the query tool, I mostly use it like Andreas does. But I also agree
that there is not one universal data browser that can meet all the
various requirements. What has me concerned is that pgAdmin lacks the
capability to provide editing on large tables, because of memory issues
with the editor and the lack of editing in the query tool. I think this
is a solvable problem :) with the ability to provide editing over
infinite sets I think pgAdmin will become a first class data manager (or
more so than it already is) :).

Merlin

  • Re: hello at 2004-05-11 21:07:09 from Andreas Pflug