hello

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: hello
Date: 2004-05-10 17:33:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello,

I just joined the pgAdmin mailing list. I would like to say that I am
generally very impressed with the latest version of this project. The
UI is much tighter than version two and the whole thing feels much more
usable.

One thing that I have noticed is that the 'view data' tool has problems
with large (> 50k) result sets. I am very familiar with this problem
and have dealt with it myself in various projects. IIRC a cursor based
solution was marked 'controversial' in the TODO list...is this still the
case? (I'm grabbing the latest sources right now). I've been wanting
to learn the wxWindows toolkit for a while now and this seems a good
place to start. :)

Merlin