Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date: 2004-04-29 18:18:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Yes, it was vague. The question is now that we are a month away, do
we
> want to target June 1, mid-June, or July 1.

If I may humbly chime in here...there currently is no binary packing for
the win32 port. Magnus is currently working on an installer/service
manager (dubbed 'longer term' on the status page) that would be nice to
see make it in before the feature freeze. Based on the current rate of
development, finishing this and various other sundry issues (even
allowing for corrections within the beta period) within a month involves
a fair degree of optimism. In short, speaking strictly from a win32
perspective, a June 1 date will probably be missed.

Merlin