Re: Support for 2-Phase Commit protocol

From: "Freddy Villalba Arias" <fvillalba(at)madrid(dot)bilbomatica(dot)es>
To: "Alexander Staubo" <alex(at)byzantine(dot)no>
Subject: Re: Support for 2-Phase Commit protocol
Date: 2004-03-29 17:43:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm currently envolved in a Project requiring v7.4 (7.4.2?). I won't
be using distributed transaction, but transactions that span multiple
objects (all of them on the same JVM). Therefore, as I understood it
from reading the JTA spec, I should not need to use the XA "objects"
(XAConnection...) but just "plain JDBC"'s ones (Connection,
Statement...).

Then, the following question arises: does the fact that 2-Phase commit
isn't yet supported imply that I cannot use JTA? Are these to issues
unrelated?

I'll look forward for your feedback.