Fwd: Support (was: Democracy and organisation)

From: Tim Hart <timjhart(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Subject: Fwd: Support (was: Democracy and organisation)
Date: 2002-06-27 06:52:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Begin forwarded message:

I said:
> BTW - Oracle & other commercial vendors handle these contingencies by
> buying insurance policies.

I think I should probably correct the above statement. I think Oracle
specifically has a large enough revenue stream that they have no need to
purchase an insurance policy. It is technically possible for them, or
any other vendor, to do so if they chose to. Many insurance companies
offer insurance products to offset the legal responsibility for the
performance of a software package. Many such policies are sold each year.