8.1.4 verified on Intel Mac OS 10.4.8

From: Douglas Toltzman <doug(at)oakstreetsoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.1.4 verified on Intel Mac OS 10.4.8
Date: 2006-10-18 00:30:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The subject line says it all.

I just completed a build, test, and install of PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on an
Intel Mac with OS 10.4.8. Every single step executed flawlessly, and
all 98 tests passed, running the regression tests.

I've got a suggestion for the documentation (INSTALL file). I may be
the only person in the world who does everything backwards, but my
first attempt at regression tests failed because I had already
started the postmaster. I know that's pretty stupid, but I had to
scratch my head for a few minutes when it said initdb failed, and
left me no clue as to why. You might add a note in with the
instructions for regression testing to shutdown the server before
running the tests. It does say, after all, that you can run them any
time!

Douglas Toltzman
doug(at)oakstreetsoftware(dot)com
(910) 526-5938

p.s. I noticed I am a build behind, but I would think that 8.1.5
would give similar results.