Re: catalog view use to find DATABASE, LANGUAGE, TABLESPACE, SCHEMA, SEQUENCE privileges granted to user or role

From: "Louis Lam" <louis(dot)lam(at)guardium(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: catalog view use to find DATABASE, LANGUAGE, TABLESPACE, SCHEMA, SEQUENCE privileges granted to user or role
Date: 2009-06-03 17:54:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom,

Since you know this are well. Do you know if there is some kind of
records filtering use by PostgreSQL when selecting system objects? For
example, I run this query by PostgreSQL user.

select count(*) from information_schema.table_privileges;

I get 445 rows return.

I ran the same query by a new user that I created without any additional
grant. I get 123 rows return. I tried granting this user select
privileges and still same thing. Of course this view has already been
granted to PUBLIC.

I there some kind of system grant I can issue to by user for selecting
system views without making that user a superuser?

Thanks again,
Louis Lam.