Re: feature request ?

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: sad <sad(at)bankir(dot)ru>
Cc: 'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org' <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: feature request ?
Date: 2004-06-24 15:51:58
Lists: pgsql-sql
On Jun 24, 2004, at 6:39 PM, sad wrote:

> ...IF ELSEIF ELSE
> it's all clear
> but what about unequality of BOOL type possible value set and IF
> alternatives
> set

In my opinion the short answer is NULL is here because of the SQL
standard. The SQL standard does not specify any kind of "IF
alternative" for 3-valued logic afaik. Why should PostgreSQL go beyond
what the standard specifies in this hairy area? Three-valued logic is
something I strive to stay away from to the best of my ability, as it
is far too complicated for my feeble mind.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com