Need the information regarding PostgreSQL.

From: "MVM Murali Krishna (India - Bangalore)" <murali(dot)krishna(at)mindteck(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need the information regarding PostgreSQL.
Date: 2008-10-21 07:56:17
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Hello team,

I need some information regarding PostgreSQl. One of my
project I am going to use the database. I just want to know is
PostGreSQL fits into my requirements or not.

Here are the details regarding my project requirements.

My project is going to insert 1000 rows (about 50 columns)
per every sec.

The application is going to insert the data for 5 years into
the database

I need to fetch at least 1000 record based on the selection
of start time and end time in between this 5 years database.

Important points need to consider this project

1. Optimizing the database. (Five years data should not cross
more than 1 TB)

2. It should support bulk insert.

3. Altering table on this 5 years data.

4. Fetching the record about 500 records based on the time
interval.

If I use PostgreSQl (Version 8.3 for windows), is it possible for me to
achieve all the above requirements or not.

Please respond to this mail as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Murali Krishna M V M

Module Lead, Semiconductor CoE

Mindteck | 16/3, Cambridge Road, Bangalore 560 008, India.
Email: murali(dot)krishna(at)mindteck(dot)com | Tel: +91 80 4154 8000; | Fax: +91
80 4112 5813 | www.mindteck.com <blocked::http://www.mindteck.com/>

Disclaimer

This message is for the named recipient(s) above and may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information of MINDTECK.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately delete
all copies of it, and notify the sender. Do not disseminate this
message to anyone if you are not the intended recipient.