Re: Access, pass-through queries and isolation level

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "Jeff Eckermann" <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access, pass-through queries and isolation level
Date: 2003-11-07 07:17:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm sending the two statements in one single pass-through query. Both statements are separated by a semicolon. I even tried to remove the carridge return at the end of the first statement, but of course, it has no effect.

Postgres handles the sql commands fine. But I'm not able to get the return value from "func_test_insert", as soon as I add an sql command BEFORE the function call. BUT, if I add this SQL command AFTER the function call, it's OK. Apparently, the first statement is considered to be the one that returns data. All others are executed, but their return value is discarded. I guess this is an Access issue, more than an ODBC one, right?