Re: ODBC DSN Connections

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: "Mark" <mroach(at)ogclearinghouse(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC DSN Connections
Date: 2003-11-03 07:30:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I have made some tests with .REG files, and it looks like what I need. After installing the driver on each PC, you simply run the .REG file, with all the keys of your ODBC connection. It allows you to configure a different username for each user, which is fine if you want to manage permissions server-side.

I guess this .REG file can be run from a domain login script.

Does anyone have a better solution for distributing DSN (and drivers?) on a large network?

Philippe Lang