Re: Problems with ODBC and Access

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Steve Backman" <sbackman(at)dbdes(dot)com>, "Michelle Murrain" <tech(at)murrain(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Problems with ODBC and Access
Date: 2005-02-16 11:08:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

1) I suggest you try another version of the driver, such as:

ODBC 7.03.02.08
or
ODBC 7.03.02.09

I use version 08, and never had any kind of problem with it.

You can also try the 8.XX.XX.XX version, I'm sure.

2) Update the MDAC of your computer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/Default.aspx

MDAC 2.8 works fine for me, from NT 4 to XP...

3) Check also your ODBC Timeout. I set it to 0 all the time:

-----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\ODBC]
"ConnectionTimeout"=dword:00000000
-----

or

-----
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\ODBC]
"ConnectionTimeout"=dword:00000000
-----

4) Finally, make sure that you refresh your linked tables when you make a change in the database. If you do not do it, results are sometimes unpredictable, but I noticed in practice that it depends on a number of factors, such as the OS used...

Your results are welcome!

Hope it will help.

Philippe Lang
Attik System