Re: Thanks - Part One - Re: Executing SP in VB6

From: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thanks - Part One - Re: Executing SP in VB6
Date: 2004-10-06 06:40:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

It SHOULD work.

Where do you get the error from? The server? VB?

If, as suggested by Andrew, you change the SQL query to:

'SELECT usuario FROM user WHERE user = $1'

... then you have to change the return value of your function. What you have done, certainly.

You should have something like:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sp_user_search(varchar)
RETURNS int4 AS
' select usuario from user where user = $1'
LANGUAGE 'sql' VOLATILE;

... in case usuario is an int4.

Limiting data throughput is always a good idea. But maybe this is not a big concern for your specific application?